Rus  На главную страницу  Написать письмо  Поиск по сайту

cars: GAZ-M1

Passenger capacity: 5 persons
Dimensions (length Х width Х height), mm: 4625 x 1770 x 1775
Kind of the engine and its volume: 4 cylinders, 3285 cm3
Engine power: 50 h.p.
Maximum speed: 105 km/h


See also:   moto cycle

The agreement with «Ford» about the technical help provided also an exchange during nine-year term with the engineering specifications. When in 1933 manufacture of model «Ford-40» was begun, the question on its manufacture and at GAZ factory was put too. First three samples were ready in January, 1934. Two first serial samples had been sent to the Kremlin on March, 17, 1936 where they were examined by I. V. Stalin, V. M. Molotov, K. E. Voroshilov, G. K. Ordzhonikidze and others. So the tradition when all new cars passed a top-level state quality control was installed.

GAZ-М1 did not repeat completely a design of "Ford-40". Closed all-metal a body was main innovation. There was wooden only one detail — a lateral block of a roof. The engine of GAZ-М1 had 50 h.p. power and since 1938 was installed on one-and-a-half-ton trucks. The body of GAZ-М1 was more comfortable for the driver and passengers. Much in design М1 in our motor industry was applied for the first time, for example, rotary window leaves in windows, antidazzling devices, lighter, an ashtray, side lights and cloth upholstery of seats.

Since 1936 till 1943 almost 63000 GAZ-М1 cars were made. Interestingly that sets of details manufacture for GAZ-М1 was stopped in 1941, however two years more manufacture was conducted from the staying spare parts. In 1940 the first Soviet all-wheel drive car GAZ-61 was developed for which basis serial М1 was taken. These cars were produced by small batches. It is known, that GAZ-61 was the favourite car of the marshal G. K. Zhukov. Also there was a pickup truck GAZ — 415 which was produced by small series with 1937 till July 1941. In 1940 the new six-cylinder engine GAZ-11 intending for new generation of the cars of the car factory was created. The first of these cars was GAZ-11 — 73, representing by self GAZ-М1 with the six-cylinder engine and the changed design. Behind it GAZ-11 — 40 with a phaeton body should be put on the conveyor, but war did not give to come true to these plans. In Red Army because of shortage of jeeps M1 was used for a long time as the staff car. Manufacture of М1 proceeded till 1943. On the conveyor it was replaced by all-wheel drive car GAZ-67B.

Приморская государственная картинная галерея Конкурс сайтов <25 сайтов Приморья>